You are here
The 21st Session of the Committee on Forestry (COFO21) and the Third World Forest Week (WFW), were held in Rome, Italy from 24-28 September 2012.
The main theme of COFO21/WFW was ‘Forests: a green pathway for human development.’
PROFOR and World Bank staff participated in a number of events including:
- Investing in Locally Controlled Forests (private investment, small forest enterprise) -- Monday, 24 September, from 13.00 to 14.30, in the Iran Room (B-016).
- Thinking Globally and Acting Locally (how to translate regional commitments to good governance into action on the ground) -- Tuesday, 25 September, from 11.15 to 12.30, in the Malaysia Room (B-227).
- The Role of Forests in a Green Economy (mitigation potential of forests) -- Wednesday, 26 September, from 13.00 to 14.30, in the Austria Room (C-237)
- Fair Share of the Pie (benefit sharing) -- Thursday, 27 September, from 10.45 to 12.00, in the German Room (C-269).
Presentations from these sessions are available here:
- Field Notes: Insights and highlights from a week of PPTs
- Field Notes: What constitutes a "faire share" of the pie?
A speech from World Bank Vice President for Sustainable Development Rachel Kyte was also featured at an expert meeting on forest financing which preceded COFO. The transcript of Opportunities for Forest Financing is available here (PDF). Watch it on Vimeo.
More information on these and other events at:http://www.fao.org/forestry/cofo/en/
"Forests: a green pathway for human development"
Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 20:00 to Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 20:00
The 21st Session of the Committee on Forestry (COFO21) and the Third World Forest Week (WFW), were held in Rome, Italy on 24-28 September 2012.
The main theme of COFO21/WFW was ‘Forests: a green pathway for human development’.
Event Partners & Organizers: